We are looking for an AV Service Engineer (who has experience within the AV / Home Automation industry and exposure to Crestron, Lutron, KNX or Control4) to join our Aftercare team. Working from our London design studio, based just a two minutes’ walk from St Pancras, expect to play a vital role in upgrading and maintaining client systems. (Mainly in and around London and occasionally across the UK / abroad.)
Working closely with the other service engineers you will deliver upgrades and maintenance to existing installations. Whether you are carrying out small installations and service visits; planning upgrades; advising clients or fixing technical issues, it will be your technical input that ensures clients receive a first-class service.
To qualify… You should be an AV Service Engineer / Technical Services Engineer with a CV that demonstrates:
- Experience within the AV / Home Automation industry;
- Technical knowledge of the installation of electronic audio-visual systems (Crestron, Lutron, KNX and Control4);
- An understanding of network infrastructures and protocols;
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal;
- Good troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities;
- Excellent organisation skills, with the ability to prioritise work and deliver solutions to clients;
- A can-do attitude and a willingness to go above and beyond to get the job done right;
- You are passionate about AV/IT work and are committed to excellence and continuous improvement.
Due to the nature of the role you will need a full UK Driving Licence.
Joining a team of talented, bright and highly enthusiastic people you can expect a competitive salary, overtime, company van, laptop, phone, 22 days holiday, your birthday off, social events, free fruit, fantastic working conditions and much more.
A flexible work pattern is required for this role, scheduling staff will try to keep the hours of work to 9.00am to 5.00pm (Monday to Friday). You are required to work on call (currently one week in five) to ensure a 24-hour service. Most out-of-hours calls can be fixed remotely. In addition, you will act as the Duty engineer for a week – your hours will be 12.00pm to 8.00pm Monday to Friday, 9.00am – 5.00pm Saturday and you will be on call on Sunday.
You will be paid overtime for any out-of-hours work and you will be given two days off the week following your duty weekend.