If you have ever been subjected to poor planning, or been left out of pocket or without the tools or equipment you need when visiting sites then maybe you should come and chat to Ideaworks. We value the knowledge, technical expertise and dedication of all our engineers.
Our Installation Engineers bring everything together on site, taking drawings and design documents and bringing them to life. If you’re a technical thinker, can think on your feet and get a kick out of solving technical issues, this is the role for you.
You’ll work from designer’s drawings, installing some of the most advanced consumer technology in the world into some of the world’s largest and most expensive homes and superyachts. You’ll get to travel both domestically and internationally, working on anything from prime residential properties in Hyde Park to 150m+ superyachts throughout Europe.
- This position is responsible for the installation, termination and set up of high value technologies, and custom built equipment.
- You’ll take care of all cabling and will assist in the installation of distribution systems as well as the finished appliances, such as TVs and speakers, ensuring all joinery is fitted correctly, all labels are cut to the correct length, labelled and terminated to the headend, and all appliances are set up and ready to go.
- We set the bar high in everything we do, and we expect all our installations to be adequately tested. This means you’ll be performing ten percent cale tests to check all cabling is correct, as well as pin to pin tests on cable points, to make sure they all tone back to the headend correctly.
- You’ll be a frontline operator and face of the company, liaising with other trades to ensure all the correct steps are taken to ensure the installation and integration of equipment is as easy and smooth as possible.
- We expect you to take an active role and be an authoritative voice when it comes to overcoming technical issues. Sometimes issues arise on site and it is your responsibility to feed this back to the designer, working together to ensure the issue is rectified as effectively as possible.
- We expect our installation engineers to take pride in everything they do, working to the best of their ability at all times. In return we offer all the training you can handle alongside a vast range of benefits, and the opportunity to work at the height of technology, in some of the most breath-taking locations in the world.