We are currently recruiting for a new team member to work in our Faversham Technical Centre. We are going through some major changes to the way we run our operation and are looking to find the right candidate to join us as a goods in operative at this exciting time.
At the FTC we are responsible for all the logistics required to supply the latest technology to some of the country’s most luxurious homes and superyachts around the world. This means we must get our goods inwards process perfect; quality in equals quality out.
If you think you are the right person, with a keen eye for detail and proven experience with goods inwards, then we would love to hear from you.
- To process paperwork accurately and efficiently in line with department guidelines
- To identify, accurately check and sign for goods into the department, maintaining an accurate log
- To ensure goods in/holding area is kept safe, secure, clean and organised and where applicable in line with best practice
- To liaise with departments and suppliers where discrepancies have been raised
- Alert departments upon receipt of urgent supplies or deliveries
- Provide an efficient and courteous first point of contact for all couriers delivering samples to the delivery point
- Ensure all deliveries are sorted into priority and date order
- Ensure quality control processes are adhered to
- Record all deliveries in the warehouse management software
- Communicate in a friendly, helpful and not prejudicial manner in your dealings with staff, clients and customers as a representative of your department as well as the company and behave accordingly
- Store received goods in the appropriate locations within the warehouse
- Check loads for damaged or missing items upon receipt
- Move and rearrange stock, either by hand or with heavy lifting equipment
- Clean the space and ensure that goods don’t get damaged
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Familiar with basic IT operation
- Fork lift licence
- Keen eye for detail